Thursday, February 21, 2013

Inspired by ... Jared Paul

I had the good fortune of meeting Jared Paul at my first design job almost 10 years ago. Whether you are in commercial or residential design, you probably know Jared, as he is a man with many hats. I thought I was busy, but it is hard to hold a candle to all the endeavors that Jared has his hands in. Not only is he an amazing designer, he runs a very successful independent sales firm JPI, and he owns Paul + Raulet at ADAC. Walking into Paul + Raulet now, you would never know that is has been around since 1960, as Jared has infused his own sense of style and fun into the showroom. My favorite, of course, is that you can usually catch an old episode of Dynasty playing on the TV! No matter what Jared has to juggle - he still always manages to have a good time and make life enjoyable. I'm lucky to call him my friend!
 
 
www.atlantahomesmag.com



 
Jared was named one of Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles 20 under 40 and both of his homes have been featured in AH&L. Here is a link to his 1850's farmhouse in Palmetto, GA.


www.atlhomesmag.com
 



www.atlhomesmag.com
 


Jared took a little of his time to share what inspires him. Thank you Jared!!

What is your most prized possession, what you can't live without? My 1985 SAAB

What is your last purchase? A Curtis Jere Lamp for the Steven Rubell Auction

What is the easiest way to update a space? Of course paint or new pillow but new lamps can with that too...

What would you say is the color of the moment? Mustard

www.pantone.com
 


If you could shadow any designer for a day who would it be? Joe D'Urso

www.nymag.com
 


Favorite restaurant? My favorite restaurant closed last year so I don't have one right now... Italian is my favorite food.

What store/ catalog could you spend hours browsing in? Honestly I am terrible at staying or looking at anything in one place for too long but I do love an antique or junk store - that is something really fun to see what you might discover and make "new" again

What is your favorite way to spend a lazy Sunday? Napping and working in the yard

Marilyn, Audrey, or Jackie? Joan Collins


www.fanpop.com
 


What is the most inspiring thing you've seen lately? Turning 41!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment