Monday, March 25, 2013

Inspired by ... Christina Wedge


" You don't take a photograph. You make it." - Ansel Adams

Recently in searching for an interior photographer I was guided to contact Christina Wedge by several industry experts namely Brian Patrick Flynn of HGTV fame during a seminar at ADAC. Brian emphasized the importance of the need for gorgeous images in the design industry and especially images that you as a designer own.
 
christinawedgephotography
 
 
So with the goal of growing my portfolio I contacted Christina to photograph my personal home last fall. Christina was such a joy to work with, with her laid back although perfectionist style. She has an incredible eye and provides amazing input for each photo down to the tiny details. I cannot remember how many times we changed the coffee table vignette! Adding a book, a sculpture, flowers, a tray, and then painstakingly adjusting the height and angles of each object. The perfect photo was about taking away elements more than adding and this process is time consuming requiring infinite patience and a passion for art.
 
Her talent comes through the lens and translates into images that tell a story. Preparation for a photo shoot is key and my team spent hours shopping, arranging, steaming, ironing, etc. until we thought everything was perfect. And then Christina showed up and she pointed out so many things that we hadn't exactly perfected! She even taught us tricks to keep the pillow starched and straight. (Hint it doesn't include starch but packing tape!).
 
I feel so blessed to have met Christina and had her photograph several of my projects.
 
And her images have led to incredible opportunities that would not have presented themselves with my amateur photography. This week Better Homes & Gardens is coming to view one of my projects for an upcoming issue!
 

Christina shared some of what inspires her with us today. Thank you Christina for your unique perspective and inspiration on the design industry.


1. What is your most prized possession, what you can’t live without? My camera, family, friends, Hershey my chocolate lab and my red cowboy boots. 

2. What is your last purchase? A Cannondale slice race bike for my first Ironman this year.

3. What is the easiest way to update a space? Paint.

4. What would you say is the color of the moment? Well, for me it will always be orange.





5. If you could shadow any designer for a day who would it be? I would love to shadow the late Verner Panton. He was born in Denmark and made his name as a visionary designer.
wikipedia.org
 

6. Favorite restaurant… Atlanta: Optimist. Berlin: Frieda Kahlo restaurant.




7. What store/ catalog could you spend hours browsing in? Anthropologie.

8. What is your favorite way to spend a lazy Sunday? Lake or beach and Morellis ice cream.

9. Marilyn, Audrey, or Jackie? Jackie.

www.jacquelinekennedyonassis.tumblr.com
 

10. What’s the most inspiring thing you’ve seen lately? Memphis and the Stax Museum last month.




Here is a link to view Christina's portfolio.


 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment