Monday, March 18, 2013

Sourcing at Scott's

Sourcing at Scott's Antique Market is one of my favorite "duties" as an interior designer. Scotts, the world's largest monthly antique show, is a destination for the majority of design professionals and enthusiasts and not only those in the Atlanta area. People drive from all over to scour through the vast buildings that house this immense treasure hunt. And a hunt it is... such a surprise what you will discover each time.

My last trip provided a few incredible finds that I thought I would share...

I loved the grey wash of the wood against the yellow velvet of this gorgeous daybed.



I am a huge fan of hides and I really liked the use of the almost white hide for the chair seats and backs. The wood on these chairs also has a sculptural quality that would look really interesting in a room.



I found two of these corbels and thought they would be a cool detail for a custom range hood or to incorporate into a custom vanity.



This trunk seat is an intriguing concept and could be cool in a boys bedroom. I'd like to see the seat in a rich velvet though!

 
So versatile, I love the detail on these white vases and dishes. You can never have enough beautiful white bowls! Great to display in a hutch.
 
 
 
Another treasure I spotted were these black storage boxes with wonderful patina. I never have enough hidden storage for all my son Tanner's super heroes!
 
 
 
The only items I purchased on this trip were these blocks from a printing press. I am a sucker for cool wood objects and I loved that contrast of metallic paint and wood. Each one has a unique patina. They are interesting on their own, but I think they would be really powerful framed as a group.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment