Monday, November 12, 2012

New York, New York


One of my favorite places to visit and to be inspired is New York City. I was lucky enough to visit my favorite city last month before the awful devastation of Sandy hit. My heart goes out to those affected by this storm. The destruction and damage to the areas hardest hit is unfathomable.

I wrote this post on the plane ride back to Atlanta and was hesitant to post about food and fashion in the immediate aftermath of the storm, but New York is resilient and I do want to share the amazing places you can only see in this city....

I love, love, love, (you get the picture) that city! I was fortunate to live there the year after I graduated from Vanderbilt and I still feel like a kid at Christmas when I visit. As the plane descends into La Guardia, I can feel the hairs on my arms stand up. It's just the spirit of this city - the assault on all your senses that makes me feel so energized.

One of the highlights of inspiration from my trip of course included food! We ate at so many fabulous restaurants while we were there, but there was one in particular that I thought was a new and intriguing idea. Many restaurants change their menus to reflect the seasons, but I had never heard of one that also changes out their decor and their name.  Park Avenue Autumn does just that!


Here is a picture of our dessert from that evening. I love the composition of textures and the accents of the rich hues of fall - chocolates, caramel, slate, and cream - oh and it was delicious too!
 




Fashion Inspiration...

When you love clothes, shoes and bags like I do, shopping in NYC is almost a spiritual experience. Every label is represented and the stores are designed with such detail and beauty. We did a little shopping in Bergdorf Goodman and I have to say that it is one of the most beautiful stores I have had the good fortune of visiting. Thanks to my sister, who is the best planner, we had reservations to lunch in their restaurant, which was designed by Kelly Wearstler (I'm a huge fan!). The restaurant was too packed to get any good images so these are pulled off of the Internet so you can see how amazing this space is.


(www.kellywearstler.com)
 
 
(www.kellywearstler.com)

I did manage to take a closer shot of the fantastic paneling that covers the walls as you enter the space.



You are really not supposed to take pictures in the store, but I had to sneak a shot of Kelly's home accessories and their display. Talk about inspiration. Thank you New York...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment