Monday, November 26, 2012

Inspired by ... Ginger Brewton


One of my aspirations when starting this blog was to highlight those who inspire me with their creativity and talent. Pinch me ... but design muse Ginger Brewton is sharing a little bit about herself with us today!

 
Ginger founded Ginger Brewton Interiors in 2005 out of Charleston, SC.  Ginger's fresh take on design blends traditional style, sophisticated pieces, and youthful casual elements to create a unique inviting and warm space. Published in multiple decor magazines and websites Ginger was named one of House Beautiful's "Next Wave" of designers. She also writes a delightful blog The Well Designed Life. Her portfolio speaks for itself here is just a peek...

www.gingerbrewtoninteriors.com
 
www.gingerbrewtoninteriors.com

 
www.gingerbrewtoninteriors.com

Most recently Ginger was named the designer for the Coastal Living Dream home 2013!!! I can't wait to see her finished product. Her aesthetic and unique creativity inspire daily.

Even with her busy schedule she was more than willing to respond to an interview ... what a generous spirit on top of all that talent!


Here is a little sneak peek into what inspires Ginger...


1. What is your most prized possession, what you can’t live without? A ring my mom gave me

2. What is your last purchase? A great work tote from Infusion Handcrafted Bags on Etsy. This one is the tote in hemp and dark olive.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/infusion?ref=seller_info_count

3. What is the easiest way to update a space? Paint! It's the easiest change that delivers the biggest impact.

4. What would you say is the color of the moment? I am in love with just about any color, and I tend to ignore what the hot pick is at the moment. I go with what my gut tells me, and what my clients are drawn to. Interior design and fashion design go hand in hand, so you can always predict color trends based off what the runways are showing.

5. If you could shadow any designer for a day who would it be? Kelly Wearstler

6. Favorite restaurant… Gradisca's in NYC

7. What store/ catalog could you spend hours browsing in? The Container Store

8. What is your favorite way to spend a lazy Sunday? Good food, good company and a good movie.

9. Marilyn, Audrey, or Jackie? Audrey
www.thefashiontag.wordpress.com

10. What’s the most inspiring thing you’ve seen lately? I find a lot of inspiration from movies and I have to say Argo is pretty amazing. Not only is the story itself inspiring, but I saw some super fabulous patterns throughout the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment